- Crowning Music of Awesome: For such a bad movie, the music is surprisingly catchy.
- Fridge Horror: It was mentioned that the unnamed pilots rotated out of the squadron at the beginning of the "movie" to make room for the "main characters" were being sent to Spain. In 1964. Yes, highly-trained American servicemen and million-dollar jets got deployed to protect Francisco Franco.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Considering The Vietnam War expanded not long after this film, you have some pretty Unfortunate Implications going on here.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: John's father was in the military and then got himself elected to Congress...much like John's actor Bob Dornan.
- Narm: "Poopie suit."
"Now, don't ask me why they call it that."
- The major even looks embarrassed and reluctant to say "poopie suit".
- Padding: This movie has many, many shots of jets refueling and taking off from the runway.