YMMV: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
- First Installment Wins: Hey, ever read the two spin-off books? Neither did most fans.
- Les Yay: Between pretty much all of the girls.
- Marty Stu: Win. He's Carmen's dream guy and a Satellite Love Interest who doesn't seem to have any real flaws. When Carmen comes clean about her dishonesty and tells him she can often be a mean, bratty person, he comes clean too. His flaw is that... he used to be fat. Even Carmen seems briefly baffled by this.
- Romantic Plot Tumor: Good Lord, Kostos and Eric. They are likable in the first couple of books, but by the end, they've become nigh-insufferable in the way they interact with Lena and Bridget.
- It becomes even worse in the sequel book. Lena is thirty years old and still obsessing over Kostos whom she hasn't seen since she was a teenager. At least Eric and Bridget have been living together.
- Sequelitis: The first four books are pretty well-liked, but almost anyone who's actually read the sequels prefers to forget them.
- Unpopular Popular Character: Tibby
- The Woobie: Kostos and Bee.