YMMV: The Simpsons S 6 E 16 Bart Vs Australia
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The episode in aired 1995, which seems eerie to watch after the 1997-98 South Pacific cyclone season, where a Category 1 tropical cyclone got French Polynesia, near Australia, which resulted in 10 deaths. Why is that eerie...? The name of the storm was Bart...
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Homer mispronounces Uruguay as "U R Gay". Uruguay was the first country to legalise gay marriage.
- Idiot Plot: The Coriolis effect is real, but it doesn't affect the way water runs down the drain, so the entire plot is just an excuse for The Simpsons to go to Australia and raise hell.
- Love It or Hate It: Australian fans are split about this episode. Some Aussies are most unamused by it, while others get a kick out of it.
- American viewers were the same way, especially after learning that the Coriolis Effect doesn't affect draining, making the whole thing an excuse to make stereotypical jokes about Australia. Remember, this was back when The Simpsons was considered the anti-sitcom and didn't do things that other sitcoms did, so for them to do this was a shock to fans.