- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The Cops: In Springfield subplot is a downplayed version. It's not weird enough to fully qualify (unless you count the opening theme sequence where Chief Wiggum, Eddie, and Lou shoot at a mummy), but it doesn't get mentioned again after the part where Chief Wiggum is in the hospital waiting room after his jaw locked open while trying to eat a sandwich (and that part usually gets cut from syndication for time).
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A flashback to Homer's childhood revealed his promising singing career was ruined when his voice changed. In a few episodes in later seasons, such as "Homer's Barbershop Quartet", Homer would go on to have success as an adult singer anyway.
- Paranoia Fuel: The last thing Homer hears before he's given anesthetic?
Dr. Nick: (Pointing at something on the operating table) "What the hell is that?"
- Visual Effects of Awesome: David Silverman's animation of Homer's first heart attack.
- Go back to the main article here.