YMMV: The Simpsons S 2 E 1 Bart Gets An F
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Even if you try your hardest, you can still fail.
- Grown the Beard: Widely considered to be the episode in which the show really gained it's own voice, specifically it's ability to tell a story which was both funny and emotional.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Despite Bart earning his happy ending and actually passing his history test, later episodes would still have him in the fourth grade.
- More accurately, over 20 years.
- She Really Can Act: Good. God. Who knew Nancy Cartwright could cry so convincingly?
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: See Family-Unfriendly Aesop above.