YMMV: The Sandlot
- Awesome Music: Green Onions which plays when the sandlot boys have their confrontation with the Little Leaguers.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Forcibly, nonconsensually kissing a girl is an important rite of passage. note
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Smalls mother telling him to get into trouble during the summer (Not too much, but some) becomes not so funny after the actor who played Smalls got arrested 20 years later.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Nausea Fuel: The fair scene, in all its glory.
- Works quite well as An Aesop.
- One-Scene Wonder: James Earl Jones as Mr. Mertle, the owner of the junkyard and Hercules aka "The Beast".
- Recycled Script: The second movie's plot is almost exactly the same as the first, with the exception of a few plot details.
- Signature Scene: The standoff between the Sandlot kids and their rival team.
Ham: You play ball like a girl!
Benny: Sandlot! Sandlot! Sandlot!
- The chase scene with Benny and the Beast.
Ham: You're killing me Smalls!
- The how you build some s'mores scene.
- Special Effect Failure: The cutaway shots of fireworks during the Fourth of July game are stretched horizontally (the fireworks appear oblong), meaning non-anamorphic stock footage was spliced into the film.