Tropers Online: 6,209
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The Sandlot
- Awesome Music: Green Onions which plays when the sandlot boys have their confrontation with the Little Leaguers.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Forcibly, nonconsensually kissing a girl is an important rite of passage. note They were "banned from the pool forever that day" but this is a sidenote so the example is still valid.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Nausea Fuel: The fair scene, in all its glory.
- Works quite well as An Aesop.
- One-Scene Wonder: James Earl Jones as Mr. Mertle, the owner of the junkyard and Hercules aka "The Beast".
- Recycled Script: The second movie's plot is almost exactly the same as the first, with the exception of a few plot details.