YMMV: The Sandlot
- Awesome Music: Green Onions which plays when the sandlot boys have their confrontation with the Little Leaguers.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Forcibly, nonconsensually kissing a girl is an important rite of passage. note
- Memetic Mutation:
- Nausea Fuel: The fair scene, in all its glory.
- Works quite well as An Aesop.
- One-Scene Wonder: James Earl Jones as Mr. Mertle, the owner of the junkyard and Hercules aka "The Beast".
- Recycled Script: The second movie's plot is almost exactly the same as the first, with the exception of a few plot details.
- Signature Scene: The standoff between the Sandlot kids and their rival team.
Ham: You play ball like a girl!
Benny: Sandlot! Sandlot! Sandlot!
- The chase scene with Benny and the Beast.
Ham: You're killing me Smalls!
- The how you build some s'mores scene.
- Special Effect Failure: The cutaway shots of fireworks during the Fourth of July game are stretched horizontally (the fireworks appear oblong), meaning non-anamorphic stock footage was spliced into the film.