YMMV: The Rotten Tomatoes Show
- Broken Base: The fanbase after the show removed the webcam reviews from the mix.
- Critical Dissonance: Subverted—Brett and/or Ellen tend to actually give movies Fresh reviews while the flick's Tomatometer is rotten, such as Going The Distance. However, since they're actually critics...
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Too many of Brett and Ellen's one-liners to count.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: YMMV, but the score/Title Sequence music.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Kinda. The tagline for the show is "Everybody's a critic" and refers to the fact that literally everyone, even non professionals, are used for opinions in the reviews. Then it was reformatted to just "real" critics. It still works, though, since it is a review show where reviews are from several people, albeit all critics.
- Fridge Brilliance: In the first and only segment of "This Can't Wait" Brett is seen late at night ironing when he has the sudden realization that not only is Maverick the villain of Top Gun, he's also a symbol of everything that is wrong with the American military. Of course he needs to wake up Ellen and share his epiphany right away.
- Sequelitis: Buck Smithee: The Sequel Producer
- Option One: Make the Same Movie
- Option Two: Same Movie, Different People
- Option Three: The Delayed Sequel
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: There's a serious amount of online uproar over the show's decision to scrap the webcam reviews and reformat the show as an all-critic-review show. Current actually responded to the feedback here. Still, the fanbase is at quite the Broken Base about the show now.
- Video Game Movies Suck: The Pilot Episode features a whole bit where Brett analyzes the reasons behind this.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: "Top 5 Kids Movies Least Appropriate For Children".
"He gives free samples, his cooks tell you the side effects of all his products in song form, and he takes you to a world of pure imagination."
- One viewer's pick to the Best Movie Drug Dealer is Gene Wilder from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Yaoi Fangirl: While reviewing Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Ellen said that she would have preferred Scott's gay roomate over Ramona as the love interest. She then smiled and said 'But that's a different movie.'