YMMV: The Reward
- Awesome Music: The series has an excellent soundtrack, full of songs that stick to mind. Alethrion's theme is an upbeat and epic drum-tune, the disco theme where he and Ameranth meet up properly (aside from one rather silly first impression) is incredibly catchy, and then there's the series theme tune, Sky High, both in its chillingly foreboding yet beautiful original incarnation and in the final version that just screams an adventure about to begin. Just about the only times the soundtrack isn't being awesome is when there's no music at all - and those moments are all used to their full effect, as well.
- Fridge Brilliance
- At the beginning of The Reward, a few children are seen playing behind the very bored Wilhelm. One with black hair, the other blonde with a red cap. Sound familiar? Maybe Vito and Wilhelm were already familiar with those two, which would explain why they passed the map to them without hesitation. It also explains why Vito and Wilhelm were there at all. It's their hometown.
- The two girls that saddle up with Vito and Wilhelm at the end? It's Sylvia and Tatiana.
- Ho Yay: In spades. Not surprising for a story about Bromance, but there are a few occasions where Wilhelm and Vito seem to be much more invested in each other than in the Groupie Brigade they accumulate in their travels.
- Not to mention the fact that they are seen sleeping under the same covers... shirtless... with their arms around each other.
- Moral Event Horizon: Alethrion outright murdering passers-by for their treasure was easily where he hit the nadir. For viewers familiar with Shovel Knight, this scene could easily be considered worse than when he struck down the gods themselves.
- Tear Jerker: Alethrion's ultimate fate, Dying Alone amidst all the piles of treasure he had spent most of his life accumulating, finally realizing they could not hold the candle for the one true love he found and threw aside.
- Dying Moment of Awesome: Alethrion is about to lose to his greed when he remembers Ameranth. Using the last of his strength from those happy memories he defeats his greed and dies knowing he did one good thing.