YMMV: The Returner
- Broken Base: according to the Internet forums it's either an "awesome movie" or "stupid ripoff of x" ("x" being every sci-fi movie you could name.)
- Complete Monster: Mizoguchi is an insane and violent gang boss who steals children to harvest their organs. This is the fate that befell the best friend of the film's hero when they were kids. Seeking absolute power to Take Over the World, Mizoguchi kills any who get in his way. With a Hair-Trigger Temper and a sense of sadism, Mizoguchi rarely leaves anyone standing and eventually has his allies slaughtered so he won't have to share power, telling his Triad ally that being forced to speak Chinese was a humiliation before shooting him in the face.
- Evil Is Cool: the irredeemably evil Mizoguchi gives a definite Joker-vibe.
- Foe Romance Subtext: Miyamoto has been obsessing about Mizoguchi for years and after easily blowing his way through Mizoguchi's army of mooks he hesitates in killing him. And Mizoguchi is definitely In Love With His Carnage (and that he feels the need to grope and "assert his dominance" over every female he comes across kind of suggests he's Compensating for Something.)
- Fridge Logic:
- How powerful is the Triad that it had access to a government facility??
- And then there's the Time Loop thing...