YMMV: The Raid
- Awesome Music: Both Fajar Yuskemal-Aria Prayogi's original score and Mike Shinoda-Joe Trapanese's score for the American release qualifies as this. From Shinoda-Trapanese score, the best are probably Hole Drop, Machette Standoff and Drug Lab, going hand-to-hand with brilliant scenes.
- Executive Meddling: The main reason why the score was replaced for the international release and why the American release got the unwieldy and spoiler-heavy subtitle "Redemption".
- Memetic Badass: Mad Dog He's like the Indonesian Chuck Norris.
- Both Iko Uwais and Yayan Ruhian (Rama and Mad Dog's actor, respectively) has established badass creeds after playing in this movie.
- Moral Event Horizon: Tama crosses this in his very first scene by brutally murdering the last of a group of captives he has with a hammer, when he could have just shot him quickly. While murder may be regular business for crime bosses, the fact was that the other victims at least had a quick death (albeit one that they were shitting themselves about) and he intentionally gave his victim a needlessly brutal one, just to inflict even more pain.
- The Lieutenant crosses the horizon by shooting one of his fellow officers in order to use Tama as a bargaining chip to survive, and trying to gun down Rama and his fellow officer just because they're nearby.
- Narm: For older Indonesians, Big Bad Tama's final words may trigger bouts of uncontrollable laughter, as it amounts to a rather childish schoolyard insult common around 50 years ago.
"Kampret lu!" (English translation: "You bat!" The proper context would more accurately be something like "You suck." This is also something that is likely to fly over the heads of many younger Indonesians.)
- It should be noted that in the English subtitles, it was translated as "Fuck you!"
- Although another version of the english subtitles had it as "Asshole." which is also somewhat understated.
- Not just that, almost all of the dialogues sounds pretty narmy for native Indonesian speakers, as the language they use is way too soft and too polite for crime syndicate members.
- The frequent shouting in many of the fight scenes also narmy to some people.