YMMV: The Quick and the Dead
- Ensemble Darkhorse: DiCaprio and Crowe aren't the lead character, but they're as interesting.
- Stone wanted DiCaprio to play as the Kid, even paying part of her salary to get him.
- Esoteric Happy Ending: Yes Herod and his gang are dead and the town is free from their reign of terrors, but literally half the town was destroyed in the process. How exactly are they going to rebuild?
- Foe Yay: Herod invites Lady over for a romantic candlelit dinner and offers to make her his mistress if she'll drop out of the dueling contest. Later, as he's about to fight Cort, he leans in really close and says, "I've always wanted to fight you, Cort. Ever since I first laid eyes on you. It was just this itch I had to scratch." Fighting, eh?
- In the deleted scene, Lady and Cort have sex before they duel each other.
- Magnificent Bastard: Herod
- Retroactive Recognition: The guy being dragged off by his horse in the opening is Jigsaw.
- Ship Tease: Between Lady and The Kid, the kid makes no secret to his crush on her and she ends up kissing him at one point.
- Vindicated by History: The film was a huge bomb when it first came out in theaters, despite its all-star cast. However, years later, the film has a dedicated cult following.