- Ensemble Darkhorse: Jade is probably the
most interestingonly interesting character among the girls.
- Like You Would Really Do It: Did you really think Opal would stay dead when the Prophecy hadn't been fulfilled yet?
- Mary Sue: Some criticize the main characters for having no flaws.
- Narm: The whole book, but especially the scene where Opal dies, Adrien realizes he'd loved her all along instead of Jade, and she comes back to life soon after.
- The Woobie: The Nameless One. In-story, this causes Amber to fall in love with him