YMMV: The Pretender
- Angst? What Angst?: In "Toy Surprise," we find that Mr. Parker never seemed perturbed by his wife's death. Sydney even recalled Mr. Parker told him "Life goes on" and resumed life as if nothing happened - immediately after the funeral, thus suggesting this trope. A DSA that Angelo had obtained even shows that exact conversation, but after Sydney leaves, we see Mr. Parker sit down and openly weep over Catherine.
- Better on DVD: Loose ends or not, the DVDs make it a lot easier to try to keep track of what's going on instead of getting one episode at a time.
- The Chris Carter Effect: It became increasingly apparent that the writers had no real idea where any of the the ongoing mysteries of The Centre were actually going, nor any interest in resolving them.
- It Was His Sled: Jarod having both a brother and sister.
- Jerkass Woobie: Miss Parker.
- Moral Event Horizon: Mr. Lyle killing Kyle.
- Seasonal Rot: Season 4. The Chris Carter Effect was in full force, old storylines were being recycled, and newer ones (like Mr. Parker on the run and the whole story behind Thomas' murder) meandered. Those kind of complaints certainly cropped up in the first three seasons, but individual episode quality also began to suffer.
- Tearjerker: The end of "The Dragon House, Part 2." Jarod's brother Kyle is presumed dead (though he is later shown to have survived), while he found his mother and sister - only to lose them again just as quickly.
- "Red Rock Jarod," where Kyle dies for real in Jarod's arms.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Mr. White, the enigmatic albino played by Tobin Bell. Among other things, White acts as The Centre's "finder" for families that could be used as leverage. He plays a notable role in the Season 4 premiere, has been searching for Jarod's family and even tells him he'll "see [him] on down the road," but he never returns.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The first half of Season 4 sees Mr. Parker on the run from the Triumvirate. Not once does he ever cross paths with Jarod during this time.
- Toy Ship: Young Jarod and Miss Parker.
Jarod: I still remember the little girl who gave me my first kiss.
- The Woobie: Jarod.