Tropers Online: 2,298
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The Passion of Joan of Arc
- Becoming the Mask: There's a popular legend that Maria Falconetti had a nervous breakdown after completing filming and ended up in an insane asylum, convinced she really was Joan of Arc (in truth she suffered from mental problems over most of her life, and eventually killed herself).
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Yes, it's silent, but Richard Einhorn released a definitive score, "Voices of Light," in 1994. It's an apocalyptic oratorio.
- Narm: The festivals after Joan has signed her confession.
- The baby being breastfed while Joan is being taken to the stake. However it could represent the baby Jesus.
- Nightmare Fuel: The torture chamber, with the spiked wheel turning round faster.
- The close-ups of the faces of the Priests.
- Tear Jerker: The whole. damn. thing.
- The Woobie: Joan. FULL STOP.