YMMV: The Omen
- Alternative Character Interpretation: When exactly does Damien truly become evil and aware of what he is? In the sequel he is shocked to discover his true destiny but many of his actions prior to then hinted he was aware of it at some level or at least knew he was different. There are viewers that believe he was actively evil from the outset, and simply unaware of why, believing he knowingly attempted to kill his own mother as a child for instance. Some viewers feel he is actually not directly evil but rather unwittingly channels it. And is in fact an otherwise normal child until he embraces his destiny. This would mean they see Mark being his first direct kill, and his true Start of Darkness.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Jerry Goldsmith at his creepiest and finest (to the point that the remake got bashed heavily for not using any of it). The movie's main theme, "Ave Satani", is a very creepy use of Ominous Latin Chanting (and has becomed a Bootstrapped Theme for "Creepy Child" characters).
- Complete Monster: The series has The Antichrist himself, Damien Thorn. What's interesting about him is that at first, he was horrified when he discovered that he was the Antichrist, but as he grew older, he came to terms with his destiny, and set out to do his father's wishes. In the second film, Damien: Omen II, he revealed to his cousin Mark that he was the son of the Devil, and asked him to join him in his attempt at world conquest. When Mark refused his offer, Damien murders him by introducing an aneurysm into his brain and later set his aunt and uncle on fire at the end of the film. In the final Omen film, Omen III: The Final Conflict, we are introduced to a grown-up Damien, and we also discover that he became the Ambassador of Great Britain. At this point in his life, he had fully come to terms with his role as the Antichrist, and any redeeming factors that he had in the previous films had vanished at this point in time. When he realized that the Second Coming was on the horizon, he makes a decree that every baby boy in England that was born on March 24, 1982, be sentenced to death as a means of stopping the Christ child from being reborn. Along the way, he gets romantically involved with a female journalist, whom he then rapes, and he also manipulated her son into following him. He later uses said son as a Human Shield when Father De Carlo attempted to use the Dagger of Megiddo against him. Damien then tries to strangle the priest to death. Damien also manipulated Barbara into killing her husband with an iron, and she unintentionally helps Damien in his attempt to kill the Christ child by killing her baby.
- Some of the death scenes in the original and the two sequels come across as very over-the-top these days. Decapitation by sheets of glass, being cut in twain by a lift cable, etc.
- The nightmares/visions the Thorns have. From the smiling Nosferatu guy, who goes on to drop what is obviously a blood covered doll, to Damien wearing what looks like a grey version of the mask Jim Carrey wore during a certain film back in the 90's.