YMMV: The Mystery of Mamo
- Awesome Music: The third opening song to the Red Jacket TV series is also used as the theme song for this movie.
- Better on DVD: Specifically Discotek Media's DVD release. Being able to watch and compare all four English dubs produced for the movie over the years (as well as the Japanese version with subtitles) makes for a rather fun experience.
- Internet Backdraft: The misattribution of the old Toho dub to New York-based Peter Fernandez and Friends has been labelled as vandalism by numerous fans, never mind that the one who added the information was genuinely clueless about who did the dub due to a lack of sources regarding the dub (thus, it's actually more like speculation than actual vandalism) and could not have known that the dub was produced by a different group, which was based in Japan.
- Moral Event Horizon: Crossed by Starky when he mentions that everyone involved in the operation against Mamo will be eliminated as soon as the operation is complete. What drives it home is his statement on Gordon's fate. As the Streamline dub translates it: "Agent Gordon? He'll be no exception."
- So Bad, It's Good: The 1979 Toho dub, though it's still listenable and decent for an English dub produced in the 70's. The Pioneer dub that uses the Red Jacket dub cast also counts.
- Superlative Dubbing: For all its faults and sporadic rewrites, the Streamline dub at least tries to be more faithful to the original Japanese than did their earlier dub of The Castle of Cagliostro.