YMMV: The Man with No Name
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The crews differing reactions to The Doctor's Psychic Paper.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming:
- The TARDIS takes a liking to Zoe, guiding her to a bathroom when she needs it, letting her inside Rose's room, and showing her an image of Wash.
- During the climax, when in some kind of ethereal realm that looks like Mal's old room on Shadow, The Doctor shows Mal a reflection of himself. Mal sees himself shining brightly, and notes that he and The Doctor, are the same.
- Like You Would Really Do It: At the climax, there is a scene where a person has to die to bring Mal back to life, and the two options are The Doctor, and a brand-new alien race created specifically for this story. Gee, I wonder which one dies...
- In all fairness, the author was already aware of this trope, as stated in their notes. They just couldn't pass up the chance for some lovely spiritual drama, and it really is wonderful.
- The Woobie: The Doctor. This is between "The Runaway Bride" and "Smith and Jones". The angst is rather understated and all the more powerful for it.