The Legend Of Zelda Animated
- Awesome Music: The music and sound effects in the cartoon were all taken from the original Zelda game, including the iconic "Overworld" theme.
- Designated Protagonist Syndrome: Link and Zelda may be the main characters, but that doesn't make them the most likable characters in the show.
- Engaging Chevrons: Ganon is particularly guilty of this, providing an almost constant running narrative about his thoughts and plans regardless of whether anyone is listening. Link, however, is almost as big an offender; the very first episode, "The Ringer," opens with him complaining to his reflection about how life in Hyrule is boring.
- Fan Dumb: People who enjoy this show defend it for not having the Triforce of Courage because it was before Zelda II... except this show came out ONE YEAR after Zelda II's US release.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Ho Yay: Link gets a kiss from the king in one episode.
- Memetic Mutation: "Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE me, Princess!"
- Narm Charm: It has its moments.
- Nightmare Fuel: As campy and corny as this show is, you gotta admit that the way Ganon speaks is kinda... creepy for a kid's cartoon.
- The Scrappy: Spryte. Say what you will on Navi or Fi, they at least served a purpose in Link's journey, even it's really for gameplay purposes. Spryte serves no purpose other than to be an annoying pest with an unrequited crush on Link who keeps interfering with his attempts to kiss Zelda.
- So Bad, It's Good: It's pure cheese, but nevertheless beloved by many fans of the Zelda franchise and ''loathed'' by others.
- Too Dumb to Live: Ganon's forces, they'd be dead if it weren't for the Evil Jar. They're essentially Bebop and Rocksteady times 1,000 but without the charm. Not only are they so incompetent that they lose to Link every episode, but in the episode "The Moblins are Revolting" they send themselves back to the jar in a failed mission and Link doesn't have to lift a finger. They attempt to take the Triforce for themselves but lack the ability to work together or even how to strategize and end up getting into fights and getting each other sent back to the jar.
- What an Idiot: It's easy to understand why this Link isn't he most fondly remembered because of moments of this. Zelda might NOT want to make out while her father is being kidnapped by Ganon? No kidding!