YMMV tropes and audience reactions for the Zombie survival flash game The Last Stand:
- Demonic Spiders: In the first three games:
- Running zombies. They close in way faster than you can shoot them off, which is not a problem if they're regulars, but they can be one of the other two below, makin them VERY aggravating.
- Fat zombies have a ridiculously high amount of health even if you aim for the head. If they can run (and they're equally as likely as thin zombies to be runners), they're almost impossible to fight off before they're on top of you already.
- Armed zombies can kill your survivors through the barricade in the first two games, and in Union City, they hit really hard.
- Military and police zombies have helmets and bulletproof vests that turn your attacks into Scratch Damage, if they don't No-Sell them completely. When they show up, your best target stops being the head and starts being the legs.
- Goddamned Bats: Zombie dogs. Unless your barricade is down in the first two games, then they become Demonic Spiders.
- Good Bad Bugs: It's possible to lose survivors on search parties at random. This can still happen when you have no other survivors with you. Basically, the one survivor you have (yourself) can die on a search party, possibly multiple times, and still go on slaughtering zombies.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The death scene involves your character being tackled to the ground and eaten alive by zombies as he visibly screams and tries to fight them off. This isn't a cutscene either-it's a death animation. Only lessened by the Have a Nice Death message.
- Some of the notes in Union City can count too. For example, there is a very poorly spelled note from a little girl whose nanny told her to leave a goodbye note to her mother.
- Strawman Has a Point: Sure, HERC is awfully quick to shoot at you and they did do some pretty nasty things to some of the evacuees in Union City and to the civilians in Dead Zone's backstory, but the only one you see for sure in Union City is your spouse, who has been infected. The only reason why HERC are stopping you from leaving the mainland is because they don't want the infection to spread further. This may have been mildly lampshaded at the end when, after escaping by allowing the zombie hordes to overrun the last safe place in the city, your boat stalls and the screen fades to black while you hear a growl as, presumably, your spouse turns into a zombie. So much for escaping safely.
YMMV tropes and audience reactions for the film, The Last Stand:
- Awesome Moments: The Corvette battle! The flare gun!
- Crazy Awesome: Lewis Dinkum (Johnny Knoxville).
- So Okay, It's Average: The general consensus of the film is pretty much "it's nice to have Arnold back, but it could have been better".