YMMV: The Last Stand
YMMV tropes and audience reactions for the Zombie survival flash game The Last Stand:
- Demonic Spiders: In the first two games, running, fat and weapon wielding zombies. They've got high health, they run and they can kill your survivors through the barricade with their weapons.
- Also, running and weapon wielding SWAT/soldier zombies. They have bulletproof vests and helmets, run, and can still kill survivors through the barricades.
- Goddamned Bats: Zombie dogs. Unless your barricade is down in the first two games, then they become Demonic Spiders.
- Good Bad Bugs: It's possible to lose survivors on search parties at random. This can still happen when you have no other survivors with you. Basically, the one survivor you have (yourself) can die on a search party, possibly multiple times, and still go on slaughtering zombies.
- Nightmare Fuel: The death scene involves your character being tackled to the ground and eaten alive by zombies as he visibly screams and tries to fight them off. This isn't a cutscene either-it's a death animation. Only lessened by the Have a Nice Death message.
- Some of the notes in Union City can count too. For example, there is a very poorly spelled note from a little girl whose nanny told her to leave a goodbye note to her mother, ugh.
- Hell Is That Noise: The sound of your chainsaw stalling. When you're using a chainsaw in this game, you really don't want it to stall.
- Also, the groaning-moaning-scream-thing that some of the zombies make will haunt your nightmares if you play for too long. Although that's more the product of lots of deaths.
- The Scare Chord that plays when a horde is about to attack. It also comes with the sound of the ceiling breaking when indoors.
- Strawman Has a Point: Sure, HERC is awfully quick to shoot at you and they did do some pretty nasty things to some of the evacuees in Union City and to the civilians in Dead Zone's backstory, but the only one you see for sure is your spouse, who has been infected. The only reason that HERC are stopping you from leaving the mainland is because they don't want the infection to spread further. This may have been mildly lampshaded at the end when, after escaping by allowing the hordes to overrun the last safe place in the city, your boat stalls and the screen fades to black while you hear a growl as, presumably, your spouse turns into a zombie. So much for escaping safely.
YMMV tropes and audience reactions for the film, The Last Stand:
- Awesome Moments: The Corvette battle! The flare gun!
- Crazy Awesome: Lewis Dinkum (Johnny Knoxville).
- So Okay, It's Average: The general consensus of the film is pretty much "it's nice to have Arnold back, but it could have been better".