Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Several people noted Ellie's resemblance to Ellen Page, before Naughty Dog changed her character model to remove this. And then at E3 2012, Sony unveiled Quantic Dream's new title, Beyond: Two Souls... Starring Ellen Page. Cue Epileptic Trees springing up that Ellie's character model changing was due to this. Another interesting coincidence between the two is Ellen came out as gay the same day as the Left Behind DLC released, where, in a way, Ellie did the same.
- A rather dark one in the game. In voice recordings, a Firefly scientist complains about how incompetent his coworkers are. Then, instead of exterminating a batch of test monkeys injected with Cordyceps like he was supposed to, he sets them free instead and gets bitten and infected for his trouble.
- In the Japanese dub of the game, Joel's voice actor previously voiced Wreck-It Ralph, another antagonistic brute that ends up befriending a little badass girl who melts his heart and ultimately makes him desperate to save her life. Perhaps even funnier when you consider Ellie's own love for arcade games.
- Ellie was originally meant to have the last name "Williams", but this was later scrapped. With the development of a movie adaptation, Ashley Johnson has stated that her own personal choice in actors to play Ellie is Maisie Williams, who was reportedly contacted to play the role in the film adaptation.
- An double-whammy because of the The Last of Us-DLC: When in Bill's Church he suspects that Ellie has stolen something from him, but she denies it. A later cut-scene show us that she stole, amongst other things, a gay male porn magazine from Bill. And the later revelation of Ellies sexuality proved that, no, she wasn't lying.
Bill: I swear to God, if you took anything...
Ellie: Hey man, I don't need any of your shit. Trust me.