YMMV: The Last Express
- Crowning Music of Awesome: All over the place, but especially the end credits, played over a map of Europe as its borders change from 1914 to 1994.
- Cult Classic
- Development Hell: A film version directed by Paul Verhoeven was announced some time ago but seems to have stalled.
- Doing It for the Art - The "making of" video shows how painstaking they were about accuracy, the quality of the live art nouveau animation, the intricate-yet-flexible storyline, and the depth of characterization right down to individual reactions to meeting the protagonist in the corridor.
- Good Bad Bugs: All of the fight scenes in the game can be bypassed by repeatedly pausing the game, going to the menu, and unpausing. Doing this enough times skips the fight as if you've already won it, except for the last one, where you have to take one more action to avoid being killed.
- Nightmare Fuel: The realization to how your friend died... shudder.
- Stillborn Franchise: The Last Express hints at an awesome sequel in which both the significance of Cath's ring and the reason behind his all-consuming drive to get to Jerusalem will be revealed. The suggestion that the 13th tribe of Israel may be involved somehow makes it all the more tantalizing. These would all be spoiler tagged but there will never be a sequel, so we will never know what happened.