- Author's Saving Throw: Subverted in the crossover review with Critic, as the first few minutes are both trying to crawl out out of and showing the strings of the Creator Breakdown/Real Life Writes the Plot choice of Critic coming back (which he outright says would be a cop out) and connecting to Demo Reel.
- Fanfic Fuel: In his review of Future's End, he showed a Bad Future for Channel Awesome, with plenty of characters missing so fanficcers could fill in the gaps. Plus Snob taking over the site and forcing Critic to prostitute himself is shipper fuel all on its own.
- Hype Backlash: Inverted. He notes that people probably expected him to tear Superior Spider-Man apart based on the infamous setup alone, but he admits that the issues he read really weren't that bad.
- Internet Backdraft: His review of Guardians of the Galaxy had him more or less say They Changed It, Now It Sucks!, claiming that there were no One-Scene Wonders. His other complaints are certainly valid to a extent, but his claims that the movie is "Generic", saying Chris Pratt was not funny, and comparing the movie to X Men Daysof Future Past upset the forum and caused a massive lash out against him over his two out of five review.
- Tear Jerker: Perhaps fittingly, in "The Angels Take Manhattan":
Geek: All good things must come to an end. Summer vacation, The Nostalgia Critic, Elisabeth Sladen...
- In "The Dark Knight Returns", Post-TBF!Critic (in an intentional Harsher in Hindsight moment) describing how much of a cop-out his coming back would be, and the Reality Subtext excitement over a certain show.
- The review starts off with the end of To Boldly Flee's last scene (Film Brain being comforted by Critic's Peaceful in Death ghost). Bittersweet at the time already, tragic now that we know the peace didn't last.