YMMV: The Laramie Project
- Moral Event Horizon: Many consider Fred Phelps' protest of Shephard's funeral to be this.
- Nightmare Fuel: The description of Matthew's injuries.
- One-Scene Wonder: A lot of characters, but most of all Matthew's father Dennis, who has the most famous monologue in the show.
- Tear Jerker: Provided the actors know what they're doing, prepare to cry long and hard. And frequently.
- "You... left him out there by himself, but he wasn't alone. There were his lifelong friends with him, friends he had grown up with. You're probably wondering who those friends were. First he had the beautiful night sky and the same stars and moon that we used to see through a telescope. Then he had the daylight and the sun to shine on him. And through it all he was breathing the scent of pine trees from the snowy range. He heard the wind, the ever-present Wyoming wind, for the last time. He had one more friend with him, he had God. And I feel better knowing he wasn't alone."
- "And where he was up there, if you sit exactly where he was, up there, Laramie sparkles from there...Matt was right there in that spot, and I can just picture in his eyes, I can just picture what he was seeing. The last thing he saw on this earth was the sparkling lights."