YMMV / The Kane Chronicles
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: In-universe, unintendedly exploited as Confusion Fu.
Ra: Weasel Cookies!
- One True Threesome: Oddly enough for a kids book. In the end Sadie, Walt, and Anubis come to an arrangement, simplified because the later two now share a body.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Its page is here.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Sadie/Anubis seems to be considerably more popular than Sadie/Walt. It eventually settles as a compromise of sorts when Walt is chosen to be Anubis's host.
- Fridge Horror: Apophis awakening in Cairo probably killed thousands of people, given that he's a Kaiju and entered the city during the Final Battle.
- Given he's the embodiment of chaos and destruction, and they specifically mention it's happening during the recent Egyptian revolution, this is true whether he personally crushed them or not.
- Tear Jerker: Bast's death. They fail to rescue their dad, they've lost practically everything, and Carter's love interest was a statue.
- Actually their dad knew he wouldn't live but would be with his wife, they still have Amos and Bast, and Carter's love interest is thus still alive but sleeping, so Bitter Sweet Ending.
- And then Bes sacrificing his ren-and with it, his mind-so that the siblings have enough time to beat the Big Bad of the second book.