YMMV: The Independent
- Critical Dissonance: The director later joked that his first film was hated by critics, yet everyone saw it, while this was adored by critics but nobody saw it.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Director Stephen Kessler would later direct an actual documentary, "Paul Williams: Still Alive."
- Faux Symbolism: Often exhibited in Morty's movies.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Didactic?: Some of Morty's films are borderline pretentious.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Morty's psychedelic '60s hippie flicks.