YMMV: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
- Awesome Music: "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons.
- Designated Hero/Designated Villain: Burt Wonderstone and Steve Gray respectively. Gray was considered by most to be a likable jerkass while Wonderstone is not liked as much.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Upon release, most critics and audiences were raving about Steve Gray. Being played by Jim Carrey certainly helps.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The man who played The 40-Year-Old Virgin is seen here as a sexual deviant who propositions every attractive woman he comes across.
- Also, Greg Heffley is now playing a bully. Um... what.
- One-Scene Wonder: Gillian Jacobs as Miranda
- Squick: Steve Gray's gimmick. It's constantly lampshaded by the characters that his tricks are less magical and more disgusting.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: There are many good characters in the story (such as Jane, Rance, Anton and Steve) but they get sidelined in the plot in favor of trying make the audience care about Burt (who for most of the film is an irredeemable Jerkass).