* ActingForTwo: Brad Jones plays two of the villains, the brothers Zalman and Steele.
* ActorAllusion: Zalman makes references to low budget films much like [[WebVideo/TheCinemaSnob the Snob]] does. Both of his performances have shades of the Snob character, if the Snob were a sociopath.
* CastIncest: The actors who play Doctor Rogen and the hooker are married, as are the actors who play Steele/Zalman and Janet.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: In part 2, [[spoiler: the hooker knocks Matty out, takes his gun and shoots Zalman with it.]]
** The gun battle from part 5. That whore really can shoot.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The whole entire soundtrack! Not one single song is out of place.
* TheDanza: [[MindScrew Subverted]]. Dr. Rogen ''looks'' like Creator/SethRogen, but is not played by him, a fact [[WordOfGod even the director can't get his head around]].
* NauseaFuel / NightmareFuel: [[spoiler: One scene has Steele threatening his love interest (actually Brad's RealLife wife) by threatening to kill her like he did his ex girlfriend. He does this by showing her the body of his ex, which is locked away in a room bathed in Red lighting, then proceeds to have sex with his current girlfriend in front of the dead body. ]]
** [[spoiler: The heart removal scene from the end of part 4, set to Neil Young's "Heart of Gold".]]
* WhatAnIdiot: During the chase scene in Part 1, the hooker runs into an alley and looks around the corner. As soon as Zalman appears, what she ''should'' have done was pull back... what she ''did'' do was keep looking, allowing him to see her.
* TheWoobie: The hooker.
** Janet. She gets forcibly given to Steele.