- Epileptic Trees: Trying to understand the film inevitably causes this.
- Faux Symbolism: Jesus has a plaster cast made of him while passed out and wakes up in a room full of hundreds of replicas and screams at the horror of... commercialized religion?
- Nightmare Fuel
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: Definitely not kidding here. Also played with, as you are literally told that it really is just a movie, and that's all there is to it.
- Values Dissonance: Despite the intended message of spirituality or whatever the hell the director is saying, it cannot be argued that "No animals were harmed in the making of this film".
- Can't speak for the toads but the crucified carcases in the beginning were borrowed from a local restaurant and later eaten. Harmed, yes, but not technically for the film.