YMMV: The Hogan Family
- Deader Than Disco: Qualifies as this for great justice. Despite its then-revolutionary safe sex episode, having a character killed off due to AIDS, and boasting a respectable cast, it's better remembered nowadays 1) for the whole Valerie Harper debacle with Miller/Boyett and the way it was handled on the show, 2) as Jason Bateman's Star-Making Role, 3) as an especially egregious case of Keep Circulating the Tapes, and 4) for its theme song, especially to Death Metal fans as Cannibal Corpse of all people has done the song live.
- Ear Worm: The theme song "Together Through the Years".
- Harsher in Hindsight: In The New Tens Valerie Harper announced that she was diagnosed with brain cancer, thus rendering the entire death subplot as this.
- He Really Can Act: Jason Bateman at times.
- Moe: Mrs. Poole.
- WTH, Casting Agency?: Willard Scott is a decent actor (and he's pretty goddamn lovable), but how exactly did he get a role on this show? (Granted, it was on an infrequent basis for about two seasons, but it's still pretty weird.) Of course he did have connections with NBC, being a popular weatherman there.