YMMV: The Hidden
The Video Game
- Game Breaker: Some consider the pig stick this and it is banned on many servers. It does, however, have the drawback of leaving you exposed should you miss and unable to stab anyone for a few seconds, and you cannot feed from any players you kill this way.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- You are being hunted by an invisible, superpowered, knife-wielding psychopath.
- Mmmm, fresh meat.
- Nightmare Retardant: The Nightmare Fuel entry above is very accurate... unless you are the invisible, superpowered, knife-wielding psychopath. Then it's just cool.
- Paranoia Fuel:
- There's a psychotic invisible killer on the loose with enough strength to send people flying across the room by throwing a chair at them. He can see through walls as well, and may have found you by the time you've gotten to this sentence. Have fun.
- Oh, and if he feels decidedly playful, he'll let you know he's run into a few of your buddies. By hanging their corpses from the ceiling.
- If your teammates panic, which is a very real possibility, they may accidentally shoot you in the face after mistaking you for the Hidden.
- Scrub: Most servers have the pig stick turned off because of complaints that it's overpowered.
- Complete Monster: The unnamed alien villain is a parasitic lifeform who takes over the bodies of other sentient beings so that it can go on a violent crime spree, taking whatever it wants and killing anyone who gets in the way, purely for fun. The host bodies are discarded by the alien when they finally become so damaged that it needs to jump into a new host. During its mass-murdering rampage throughout Los Angeles, it kills many dozens of people through methods varying from shooting, bludgeoning, stabbing, and vehicular homicide, having no compunctions with murdering children or the infirm either. The good body-controlling alien in the film, an extraterrestrial police officer, has been pursuing the evil alien ever since it killed his partner on another planet, which the evil alien is only too happy to remind him of when they confront each other.
- Evil Is Cool: The Ax-Crazy alien antagonist, due to its taste in heavy metal music, fast Ferrari sports cars and being a chilling Creepy Monotone Made of Iron Badass alone.
- Evil Is Sexy: The alien inhabiting the stripper's body.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Kyle MacLachlan plays an alien protector who arrives on Earth to defend it from an alien threat, decades later, Kyle would voice the iconic extraterrestrial guardian that we all know and love who would also join with the other heroes to fight another alien threat in the direct-to-DVD animated film Justice League: The New Frontier.
- This film will not be the only time Ed O'Ross would fight an alien menace while on duty.
- Danny Trejo in one of his early roles during The '80s plays an inmate who falls victim to the alien Big Bad after calling it out, Trejo would later appear in the 2010 film Predators, where he plays another criminal who is killed by an alien antagonist in a film that is the second sequel to another alien invasion action-horror movie Predator, which was released in 1987, that same year this film came out.