YMMV: The Happy Cricket
- Accidental Aesop: From "The Solar Eclipse": If you don't study at school, you will grow up to be a complete retard.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Christopher regularly plays loud music with poorly-thought-out lyrics that keeps Wartlord awake. No wonder he's insane.
- Wartlord and Buffuno had nothing to do with the damage to the ecosystem. Christopher and his friends merely jumped to a conclusion.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The elderly snail, the spider fortune teller, and the rocker bug, just to name a few.
- The "Night Star" sequence
- Designated Love Interest: Linda the Night Star
- Dude, Not Funny!: When Isabella eats all but a spoonful of Snealy's food near the beginning.
- Flat Character: While most of the cast lacks depth, Linda's character is practically nonexistent.
- Makes Just as Much Sense in Context: The Aesop of the Solar Eclipse short (found here).
"Now you know why it's so important to study!"
- Narm: The "Night Star" sequence, thanks to forced lyrics and the fact that it's a cricket singing a love song to an alien.
- Nightmare Retardant: The hawthorns first appear intimidating... until you hear them speak. And they're terrified of the guitar.
- Padding: The first third, which focuses on finding a magical toucan, is loaded with padding.
- Rooting for the Empire: Wartlord and Buffuno are by far the most entertaining characters in the film, if only for their resemblance to Pinky and the Brain.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Especially the musical numbers.
- A Wizard Did It: The explanation for how the guitar can be played without strings.