YMMV: The Han Solo Trilogy
- Base Breaker: Bria Tharen is either a flawed and intresting character in her own right, or an annoying Author Self-Insert Mary Sue who only could't end up with Han because Canon said so.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Han's repeated (failed) attempts to get a Wookiee to leave him alone. The Wookiee refuses to do so, because Han saved his life. Naturally, it turns out to be Han's future Heterosexual Life Partner, Chewbacca.
- Fridge Logic: Why didn't Darth Vader sense Han in the closet when he strangled Greelanx? Or assuming he did, why let him go?
- Wild Mass Guess: He probably did sense him, and let Han go to bear witness to what happened to traitors. After all, if he didn't have someone listening there was little reason to bother with the charade of acting like Greelanx had betrayed the Empire, when in fact he'd been ordered to lose (the Hutt bribe was just unrelated icing on the cake).
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Han makes many smuggling friends, especially in The Hutt Gambit. Of all these friends only Chewie, Roa, Shug and Salla don't end up betraying him later.
- Nightmare Fuel: Han overhearing Greelanx getting Force-choked by Vader for accepting a bribe and throwing the battle of Nar Shaddaa.
- Tear Jerker: Bria's farewell letter to Han in the first book, and his reaction to it.
- Jarick's deathbed confession to Han that he lied to him about his name and was never related to him at all. Han tearfully says it doesn't matter and he's more than earned the name and makes damn sure his death certificate reads Jarick Solo.