- Base-Breaking Character: Fuma. Some enjoy having a ninja villain and Evil Counterpart to fan favorite Hattori, while others really don't like her, thinking she's incredibly one dimensional compared to previous villains and having a motive that runs on both Insane Troll Logic and Honor Before Reason.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: This from the Twixie blog.
Author: This is probably the most random post I have ever made.
- Crack Pairing: Pinkie and the Fourth Wall. Which makes a certain sense, when you think about it...
- Crazy Awesome: Pinkie Pie's dad has a party shotgun.
- Fridge Horror: Nova regained Astra's memories of Jupiter. Not only does this include multiple murders Astra knows of, it includes strangling their mother to death. And Nova feels guilty for it. Poor mare.
- Moe: Nova, Jupiter's clone after her memory is wiped. Her expressions and behavior are extremely cute. And how she looks while sleeping is also adorable. Very ironic considering the pony that she was cloned from.
Trixie: Now that's just too darned cute.
- Then there's this.
- Moral Event Horizon: Venus crosses it by trying to murder Hazel. Twice.
- If not then, then by trying to kill Iniduoh later on after he offers her a Last-Second Chance, proving any feelings she may have had for him are long dead.
- Neptune crossed it by trying to get the real Venus (who would become known as Astra) to murder her own mother, then, when she refused, having Jupiter (her Evil Twin and the Venus we know) do the deed while Venus was Forced to Watch. This probably also counts as Jupiter's Moral Event Horizon as well. As if that wasn't enough, when Venus quite reasonably wouldn't stop crying, he flew her to Zebrica and left her for dead!
- Mr. and Mrs. Trotswright did this by keeping Mr. Trotswright's ex-wife, Dazzle's mother Marigold, a brainwashed slave for 20 years.
- Nightmare Fuel: Jupiter. She's basically the pony equivalent of Johan Liebert.
- How she killed her mother, especially how Venus describes it. Imagine being tied up and forced to watch your twin sister strangle your mother to death while the poor mare begs her to stop!
- And as we find out later, she kept the rope as a memento!
- Hell, the box in general. Jupiter kept mementos of her worst crimes in that box, and went to great lengths to ensure only she would ever be able to see them (Mars finding the key thwarts this), which suggests she treasures them. Her most treasured possessions are memoirs of all the pain she caused.
- The short story arc involving Jupiter being brought Back from the Dead (or, more accurately, cloned). The clone Jupiter may have been more Ax-Crazy than the original, but she was still terrifying, as was her return.
- Wheelchair Woobie: Breezy, a Pegasus foal whose hind legs and wings are paralyzed.
- The Woobie: Astra, AKA the real Venus, sweet Celestia, Astra! Her father and twin sister were monsters and the only one who was genuinely kind to her, her mother, was murdered while she was Forced to Watch after her father tried to convince her to kill her mother herself. Then, when she (quite reasonably) didn't stop crying, Neptune left her for dead in Zebrica. Is it any wonder the poor thing is a nervous wreck?
- We see a flashback to her childhood. It's every bit as awful as she said it was.
- Then she tries to bring her dead mother back to life using a magic stone she got from the Jerkass Genie Big Bad of another blog because of how much she missed her. The stone ends up bringing Jupiter back instead.
- The Jupiter Clone, after her memory is wiped by the backfiring Serpent's Eye. The first time we see her awake is her sitting lonely and confused in a padded room, not even remembering how to speak. On top of this, there's a possibility she'll be killed by the authorities due to how she was born.
- And then she gets her memories back. When Nyx talks to her later about it, Nova reveals she has Jupiter's memories (or more exactly, Astra's memories of Jupiter made up like hers, which is still horrible), but unlike Jupiter doesn't have a Lack of Empathy and thus feels the guilt for things Jupiter did but she never did.
- Dazzle. He seems like a happy go lucky guy, but he's spent most of his life running from his Corrupt Corporate Executive parents (who hired a ninja to track him down (though she turns on them)) because he hates the idea of carrying on their business. On top of that, they are bad ponies that, while not at Neptune's level, have ruined a lot of lives, so he has good reason not to want to be like them.
- There's also Windy, a mare fired and then blacklisted by Dazzle's parents, despite the fact her daughter's paralyzed and she needs to support her.
YMMV / The Greatest Gift
Return to the original page here.