YMMV / The Great Yokai War
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The Azuki bean song, which comes right out of nowhere to explain their positive energy. "LOVE AND PEACE!!"
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Remember kids, telling people what they want to hear, even if it's Blatant Lies is a sign of maturity!note
- Fridge Horror: Not only is Kato still alive, he hunted Tadashi down...and now he knows where Tadashi lives!
- Narm Charm: Even for a Japanese live action movie this one can be downright silly at times, but it's still quite an entertaining piece.
- Special Effect Failure: Varies from yokai to yokai. Some are quite good, while others... aren't. For example, the kirin looks like a very obvious CGI model with awkward running animation.