YMMV: The Good Life
- Moe: Whenever Barbara was shown covered in soot after cleaning their stove, half the male population of England would have fought each other for her.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Tom, for his selfish attitude. He can be extremely callous to Barbara and sometimes the Leadbetters too—when Margo and Jerry have a major row, all he can think about is how it affects his prospects for getting "his" spinning wheel. Even Richard Briers said he didn't like Tom very much.
- Values Dissonance:
- Several instances of casual racism: Tom pulling "slant eyes" for a "Confucius Say" joke, Margo being horrified into panic at the thought of Arab neighborsnote , and if you pay attention you can see that Margo has an apron with a racist caricature of a black person printed on it.
- Margo describing Snetterton as a "deviant".
- The Woobie: Barbara, especially towards the end when Tom starts to show his true colors.