YMMV: The Golden Child
- Awesome Music: Ann Wilson's "Best Man in The World", with music composed by John Barry. There's an instrumental version online conducted by Barry in his signature style.
- Along with "Wisdom of the Ages" and the adaptation of "Puttin' On The Ritz" for the dancing tin can scene, the song was one of the few Barry pieces to actually remain in the film; Barry's original score was almost completely thrown out when it was decided that as an Eddie Murphy movie, it called for more Eddie Murphy-esque music. Thus Michel Colombier did a funkier score.
- Cult Classic
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Jarrel meets Kala, a Half-Human Hybrid whose ancestor was supposedly raped by a dragon. Jarrel's actor Eddie Murphy later on stars in Shrek where he plays a Donkey that ends up in a loving relationship with a dragon that didn't quite start out consensually.
- And earlier played a dragon himself in Mulan.
- Special Effect Failure: The Stop Motion animation used for Numspa's demon form is really jarringly bad, which is atypical given that the effects were done by Industrial Light and Magic.