- Harsher in Hindsight: The DVD release of the first film contains a documentary called "Journey to Nyae Nyae," where lead actor N!xau explains the real plight of Bushmen at the time the film was made, and how things had only worsened in the intervening years.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks: The main complaint about the second movie.
- Special Effect Failure: Being a low budget film, there are lots of them.
- When the helicopter explodes, you clearly see a wire holding a model.
- The shootout scene at the beginning is outright laughable: the gunmen and police officers are simply waving their guns with no fire, bullets or sound coming out of it (the sound of machines guns were simply put afterwards during editing, they didn't even thought about the fire and bullets); apparently the filmmaker didn't have the money to buy some blanks. Those who gets shot simply drop to the ground without any visible gunwound or a simple trace of blood. In simple words, some guys storm in an office with toy guns and everyone drops dead for no reason.
- A few traces of blood can be seen on some bandages that a few characters wear, this blood is clearly some red artificial stuff that is too bright to be blood.
- Tear Jerker: Xi being shot, arrested and sent to prison for hunting a goat he had no way of knowing belonged to someone else. As Mpudi sadly puts it:
"Never seen a wall in his life, now he's surrounded by them. Poor little bugger's gonna die for sure."