The Girl in Gold Boots
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The dune buggy ride.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Mike's "Oh, I Am Sad."
- Ear Worm: o/` Instead of Christmas carols, I yodel-dee all day. o/`
- And the Girl in Gold Boots theme, if only because of the number of times it is played.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Only a couple of people pack [guns] in this city, and most of 'em are cops!" Hehe, sure, Leo, no one's packing heat in Los Angeles.
- Narm: I had a pretty MIIIIIIIIIND!
- Rule-Abiding Rebel: Critter is a hippie who's planning to turn draft dodger, but ultimately decides to report for duty after beating up the mob goons at the bar.
- To be fair to the film, this is because somebody has to report on the corruption of this mob bar and, by reporting to the police, Critter won't be able to run anymore. He's a rebel, not a criminal.
- Special Effects Failure: The above mentioned "teleporting."
- That's not a special effect. Film jumps happen like that when the film breaks and is manually taped back together, missing frames.
- Values Dissonance: Critter becoming a draft dodger for the Vietnam War is treated (at least by himself) as being an unforgivable act which will put him on the FBI's Most Wanted list. Although the draft was unpopular, the movie was filmed in 1968, when draft dodgers were prosecuted if discovered. Eventually President Gerald Ford offered conditional amnesty to persons who had dodged the draft, with President Jimmy Carter giving an unconditional pardon to all draft dodgers in 1977. This makes Critter's treatment of draft-dodging as such a horrible crime seem a little strange from a modern perspective.
- Even then Critter is playing it up a bit much. The Most Wanted list is Exactly What It Says on the Tin: a list of international terrorists, serial killers, kiddy porn producers, and other people horrible enough to be considered the Most Wanted criminals. If draft dodging was all it took to be lumped in with that crowd the Ten Most Wanted would be more like the Ten Thousand Most Wanted.
- Michelle seems more disgusted that Critter is a draft dodger than the fact that her boss is a sleazy violent mobbed-up drug dealer who has already gotten her to smoke pot and is showing signs of wanting to pimp her out (go meet customers, go to parties, etc).