YMMV: The Girl And The Echo
- Adaptation Displacement: the film is known much more widely that the book it's based on. The reason for it is the Adaptation Distillation.
- Angst? What Angst?: Vika overcomes her BSOD after harassment extremely quickly - much faster than Romas overcomes his failure.
- Best Known for the Fanservice: inverted- The "fanservice" (a few peeks the audience gets on Vika) is the main reason Moral Guardians were attacking the film
- Moment Of Awesome: Vika coming out of the water - and holding multiple bullies at bay with just a look on her face.
- Never Live It Down: Romas seems incapable of overcoming his failure.
- Cult Classic - with a small but vital following community.
- Love It or Hate It: some view this as a wonderful film, while Moral Guardians see it inappropriate for viewing because of peeks we get on Vika's nudity. The fact that the film opposes peer pressure to the point of nonconformity doesn't help.
- Values Dissonance: inverted. Nowadys, the anti-bullying message is well received, but when the film first came out, most (Soviet) reviewers seriously argued that Romas siding with the bullies was a good behaviour, since "the collective is always right"