YMMV: The Giant Claw
- Narm: Boy howdy. As noted in the header, Morrow later recalled how he sneaked out of a screening humiliated after people burst into laughter when the monster appeared.
- Nightmare Retardant
- So Bad, It's Good
- Special Effects Failure: Apparently at one point Ray Harryhausen was going to do the creature effects, but to save money a small shop in Mexico was contracted instead.
- More mundanely, the matte painting of the US Capitol building through the general's office window is at a size and angle that implies that the general works in the statue of Grant on the National Mall.
- Values Dissonance: The male lead spend much of the movie being casually dismissive and misogynistic toward the female lead, an adult scientist who is treated like a child by pretty much everyone. For laughs.
- SURPRISE!!! She's also his love interest!