- Awesome Music:
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A skilled but highly eccentric detective will stop at nothing to catch a killer whom he believes can kill his victims without ever touching them (usually via heart attack). Granted, in this case, the detective is the bad guy and an Inspector Javert, but...additionally, there's also a serial killer fangirl, who kills to express her love for said serial killer.
- Jerkass Woobie: Dammers' work as undercover agent among cultists caused him to sustain multiple massive mutilations and drove him to the brink of insanity. In the extended version, it's also revealed he had been a victim of Charles Manson and his "Family" in 1969.
Judge: I like it when they lie still like that!
- Tell me reader, have you ever seen hot ghost-on-mummy action?
- It gets even squickier when you realize Peter Jackson would later work with Sean Astin, the son of John Astin (The Judge).note There may have been some awkward moments there.
- Tear Jerker: Frank's Heroic B.S.O.D. in the middle of the movie. As Dammers trudges up the memory of his wife's death and accuses him of being behind the murders, he's shown trembling and covering his face in grief. Afterwards, he's left catatonic and his powers briefly stop working because he's lost faith in them, poor guy.