YMMV: The Foreigner
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Some productions hint that near the third act, Catherine catches on that Charlie isn't what he pretends to be, but still accepts him anyway and knows he's good-natured.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Charlie has many: "Gonna look into your bones when the bees come down!" and of course "KLATU! BARADA! NIKTO!
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Charlie's story, and how.
- Narm: David shouting "I wanted it to be a surprise!" (granted this line can be played for laughs) , and Charlie's reaction to what we believe is his wife's death, until we find out that she ran off with a proctologist, making his reaction a little more understandable.
- which says something about her or the proctologist: Either he picked the right career or Mary was really desperate.
- The Woobie: Charlie and Ellard both qualify for this.
- Jerkass Woobie: Catherine too, despite her initially jerkish complaint, pines for her past life.