YMMV: The Forbidden Kingdom
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment /Crowning Moment of Funny: The Silent Monk randomly deciding to pee on Lu Yan. Turns out it was foreshadowing. It's just the dick move one would expect from the Monkey King.
- Cliché Storm: Big time.
- Creator's Pet: Much like Sam Witwicky of the Transformers films, fans saw Jason as a distraction from the true main attractions. Most of the time he's getting hurt with no clue what he's doing or what to do and The Monk and Lu Yan look at him with annoyance at times with him even getting "The Reason You Suck" Speech from Jackie Chan during the first half of the movie. When he grows up and trains under them and start really learning what martial arts is about during his training, he's able to defeat the Mooks but knows he doesn't stand a chance against The Jade Emperor and his Dragon. He was inserted as "the staff carrier".
- Critical Dissonance: This received much better reception from critics than from audiences.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: The staff, an inanimate object, gets one during the bridge scene.
- Crowning Moment of Funny:
The Silent Monk: What about the two tigers on one mountain?
Lu: We can kill each other when it's over.
- Evil Is Sexy: Ni Chang.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Any film with either Jackie Chan or Jet Li in it has a huge fandom in Asia. So put them both in a movie and....it might do just as well as either, despite having both. This only if the fandoms have a large amount of overlap.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Jackie Chan vs Jet Li!!!
- Squick: Jackie Chan drinking from the remains of his bottle of wine? fine, but not after an incredibly dusty fight which has probably put all sorts into it!
- The Scrappy: Jason.
- So Okay, He's Average: Not a lot of people seem to hate Jason and thought the film was okay, although there are some to feel there could have been a balance between him and Jackie and Jet.