YMMV: The Equalizer
- Crowning Music of Awesome: observe.
- Escapist Character: The movie version is squarely in this territory. Who secretly doesn't want to be a seemingly unstoppable, resourceful badass, fighting off rooms full of gun toting gangsters with their bare hands, barely breaking a sweat sometimes, and getting justice for their victims, without needing any of those silly superhero powers? Not only that but the guy isn't exactly young either.
- God-Mode Sue: McCall comes across as such; only one of his many opponents (a burly Mook) gives him any real trouble, and Teddy goes down in a few shots from a nail gun.
- Magnificent Bastard: Control.
- The Woobie: Alina in the film. Forced into prostitution, and clearly doesn't enjoy what she does, but doesn't have any way to escape. Even sadder when she's shown interacting with McCall, and the audience gets a glimpse of the normal teenager she could have been. Fortunately, she's able to survive her injuries, and by the end has started to go to school and has a safer job.