YMMV: The Crack
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Vlad, whose ambitiousness and megalomania are shown to be largely coping mechanisms for loneliness. He has few qualms delaying ghostly plots and letting management run his Earthly business for a few years in order to raise Madison. By the end of the fic, he's a "good" guy because having a romantic partner in Danny cancels out his reasons for acting evil. Vlad never sees himself as good OR evil at any point in the story, being a Nietzsche Wannabe.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Danny dragging Paulina out of the house by her hair, and Sam kicking her out. It seems more like a Crowning Moment of Jerkass, but It Makes Sense in Context.
- Die for Our Ship: Averted. Danny's relationships with Sam, Paulina, and Valerie are all addressed logically within the course of the story.
- Moral Event Horizon: By all appearances, Vlad in Crack 5, until Danny and the reader find out what's really going on, downgrading it to a What the Hell, Hero?.
- Ship Mates: Sam/Tucker
- The Woobie: Danny
- Wangst: Danny throughout the majority of Crack 2 breathes this trope. Though it's justified since he's suffering from what he did to Vlad and dealing with his pregnancy.