YMMV for the fanfic of that name:
- Foe Yay: A few of the fans joke that the Curator singles Vlad out because he likes him the most, and that his brutality towards Danny is because of jealousy.
- Moral Event Horizon: The Curator forces Vlad to fight Danny until one of them can't continue, and afterward tortures Danny in the infirmary.
- What Measure Is a Non Badass: Melody and Ryder are ridiculously capable by human standards, but can't really keep up with ghosts and half-ghosts.
YMMV for The Collector (2009) and The Collection (2012):
- Complete Monster: The title character is a sadistic Serial Killer who breaks into innocent families' homes, turning them into death traps and torturing the residents, including the children, before "collecting" one he likes best, taking them for further torture or killing them through gruesome entomological (insect-related) experiments. His body count is estimated to be in the hundreds, and at the end of the film he claims the protagonist, Arkin, as his latest prize. The sequel, The Collection, opens with the Collector massacring an underground club with his machines, slaughtering dozens of party goers with numerous traps (notably a harvesting combine which grinds up numerous victims, and an elevator which crushes many more) before kidnapping a new subject, Elena. When an escaped Arkin and a group of mercenaries later storm the Collector's hideout, it is revealed that many of the abductees are drugged and tormented into insanity for use as slaves and Cannon Fodder.
- Divorced Installment: The first film was originally intended to be a Saw prequel called The Midnight Man.