YMMV for the fanfic of that name:
- Foe Yay: Some of the fans joke that the Curator singles Vlad out because he likes him the most, and that his brutality towards Danny is because of jealousy.
- Moral Event Horizon: The Curator when he forces Vlad to fight Danny until one of them can't continue anymore. Especially after he personally tortures Danny afterwards in the infirmary.
- What Measure Is a Non Badass: Melody and Ryder are ridiculously capable by human standards, but can't really keep up with ghosts and half-ghosts.
YMMV for The Collector(2009) and The Collection(2012):
- Complete Monster: The title character is a cold-blooded, sadistic, Serial Killer who breaks into innocent families' homes, turning the homes into death traps and torturing the family members, including children, before "collecting" one he likes best, taking them for further torture or killing them through gruesome entomological (insect-related) experiments. His body count is estimated to be in the hundreds, and at the end of the film, he kidnaps the film's protagonist Arkin for such a fate. The sequel, The Collection, opens with the Collector massacring a dance club with his traps, gruesomely murdering at least dozens of innocent partygoers with numerous traps (notably a harvesting combine which grinds up numerous victims, and an elevator which crushes many more), before kidnapping Elena while Arkin made his escape. It is also revealed to that through drugs, torture and imprisonment, his captives were driven insane, used as Cannon Fodder, and kills off a group of mercenaries that Arkin led to his hideout. When the police find the hideout, the Collector decides to simply burn it down.
- Divorced Installment: The movie was originally meant to be a Saw prequel called The Midnight Man.
- Even Evil Has Favorite Victims: The Collector seems pretty angry in the sequel when the girl he'd brainwashed and tortured into being loyal is killed in a trap.