YMMV: The Clash
- Awesome Music: London Calling
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: From the film Westway To The World, Mick Jones says this about Sandinista!:
Mick Jones: "I always saw it [Sandinista!] as a record for people who were on oil rigs or arctic stations that weren't able to get to the record shops regularly."
- Epic Riff: The famous "London Calling" bassline, or the "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" riff are probably the best-known.
- Face of the Band: Strummer, and to a lesser extent Jones. Except if you're a groupie, then you'd want to go after Simonon. Topper is... less fortunate, despite having an excellent reputation on his drumming abilities.
- Fanon Discontinuity: Cut the Crap. Except for "This is England".
- Last-Second Word Swap: "Cheat's" line "You're a fool if you don't know that, so hit the road you stupid fool" would probably have ended with 'twat' but it was changed.
- Memetic Mutation: The mondegreen of Lock the Taskbar
- Misaimed Fandom: "Rock the Casbah" was popular among US Armed Forces operating in Iraq (both wars), much to the horror of the band.
- And another hit song "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" was used by the Army to drive Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega out of the Vatican embassy he was hiding in during the 1989 invasion of Panama.
- Tough Act to Follow: The London Calling/Sandinista! double-whammy, or just London Calling.