YMMV: The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod
- Foe Yay: Eddie Poe and Vlad in Twelfth Grade Kills might be considered this.
- Joss and Vlad! He made a whole Heel-Face Turn, betrayed his previous views on vampires that he'd held dear for a significant part of his life, and turned his back on the Slayer Society (who, mind you, could easily dispose of him at any time) just because he "missed" being Vlad's "friend"? There's got to be more to that.
- Half of "Eleventh Grade Burns" is Vlad crying about how they need to be friends again! He talked about losing Joss more than Meredith!
- Tear Jerker: "On it, in Joss's handwriting, was a single, short phrase, written in stark, black ink: friendship over."
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: The books are very short (the first two are both under 250 pages) and they're sold in Scholastic Book Order catalogs handed out to grade-school students...but with a "mature content" warning, largely due to the high violence level.