YMMV: The Christmas Toy
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Mew's imitation of the cat.
Apple: Mew, that was fantastic!Rugby: That was pretty good.Mew: (timidly) for a cat toy?Rugby: For any toy.
- Fridge Logic: Near the end when Mew is "frozen forever" Rugby gives a heartbreaking speech apologizing for making fun of him, and sings a song about how much Mew means to him...and that brings him back to life! Fair enough, but then the camera cuts back to the playroom, where we see the rest of the toys singing the EXACT SAME SONG to the pile of other frozen toys to bring them back! But Rugby and Mew haven't returned yet! So how the heck did the other toys learn that it was THAT ONE SONG that brings back their frozen friends if Rugby hadn't yet told them?!?!
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The mouse toy is named Mew. On Christmas, the cat gets another mouse toy, and she says "I'm Mew too."
- The younger children are named Jamie and Jesse.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: If you want to see this movie as originally broadcast, good luck. Thank goodness for YouTube, which has the cut segments and even some of the Kraft-sponsored segments from its original airing.
- Nightmare Fuel: The frozen forever concept and Ditz's death in particular.
- Recycled: The Series: The Secret Life Of Toys. (An Alternate Continuity that replaces a few key characters and recasts some of the others.)
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: You may think many of the main plot points are ripoffs of Toy Story, until you realize this predates Toy Story by nearly a decade.
- Tear Jerker: Apple's version of last Christmas.
- What an Idiot: Rugby completely forgets the consequences of what he's trying to do, and when reminded, realizes how stupid his plan is.
- The Woobie: Poor little Mew. You just want to hug him... if he didn't smell so weird.