Tropers Online: 4,572
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The Cat Came Back
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is the cat oblivious to the torture it's causing Mr. Johnson, or is it fully aware and enjoying it.
- Ear Worm: The eponymous song.
- Jerkass Woobie: Mr. Johnson may be mean to the cat, but the extreme punishment he gets in his attempts is just sad.
- Nightmare Fuel: Old Mr. Johnson will never get rid of the cat — ever.
- Not even death can free him from the cat. He accidentally kills himself attempting to blow up the cat. The cat also dies...and follows him to heaven, presumably to pester him forever.
- At one point Mr. Johnson tries to drown the cat, which is pretty horrifying enough, but when he accidentally falls into the water himself, there are dozens of other tied up bags already down there, implying that they may be full of more dead cats.